Standard sizes: d 12; 15; 18; 22; 28; 35; 42; 54 made of steel
XL sizes: 64.0; 76.1; 88.9; 108.0 made of steelPress system pipe versions
Areas of application
- System pipe made of non-alloy steel with the material number 1.0308 (E235), in acc. with EN 10305‑3 externally zinc plated galvanised.
- System pipe made of non-alloy steel with the material number 1.0308 (E235), in acc. with EN 10305 externally galvanised with plastic coating made of polypropylene (PP) in white (RAL 9001).
- System pipe made of non-alloy steel with the material number 1.0215 (E220), in acc. with EN 10305 internally and externally sendzimir galvanised.
Industrial and plant engineering
Sprinkler units (sendzimir galvanised pipe)
Compressed air units (sendzimir galvanised pipe)
Use of the system for application areas and media other than those described here must be agreed with Viega Service Center.Operating conditions with EPDM sealing element
Use of press tools
- Operating temperature max. 110 °C
- Operating pressure max. 1.6 MPa (PN 16)
The functional safety of the Viega press connector systems is primarily dependent on the perfect condition of the press tools and press machines used. For this reason, for the production of press connections, we recommend the use of Viega press tools and their regular inspection by authorised service points.Technical data
Press connectors and components are constantly being optimised. If required, the current Z and installation dimensions can be obtained from the download area of the Viega homepage: viega.de/downloadsStorage and transport
To ensure the impeccable quality of the Prestabo steel pipes, the following points should be observed during transport and storage:
Protection against external corrosion
- Packing and protective foil (only with PP coated pipes) should not be removed until immediately before use.
- The pipe ends must be closed with protective caps when delivered.
- Do not store the pipes directly on the bare floor.
- Do not stick any protective foils or plastics to the pipe surfaces.
- When loading and unloading, do not pull the steel pipes over the truck sill.
Prestabo pipes and connectors are protected by external galvanisation. In case of contact with dampness (condensation, precipitation during the construction phase, plaster and splash water etc.) or corrosive building materials (surfacer, levelling screed etc.), however this layer of zinc cannot provide permanent protection against external corrosion. The following protective measures are recommended:
- Use of closed-cell insulating tubes with professional sealing of all abutting and cut edges using a suitable filler.
- Damp-proofing of the laid pipe through separating foil in the floor construction.
- Installing pipes outside areas at risk of moisture.
- Visible radiator connections rising from the floors should be avoided if floors will be frequently cleaned with water and/or cleaning agents/disinfectants, for example in retirement homes and care homes as well as hospitals. Wall connections make cleaning easier and also exclude any additional risk of corrosion.
- If the radiator connections do come from the floor, professional corrosion protection and professional sealing of the joints must be ensured. If not, there is a possibility that the cleaning water will penetrate, which will moisten the insulation and present the risk of corrosion.
If the measures in the examples above fail to provide permanent protection against dampness or the areas of use are connected with special requirements, e.g. in cooling circuits, complete external corrosion protection, which reliably prevents influences that lead to corrosion must be applied.
Further detailed information and examples of use can be found in the practical handbook and on the internet.